Wednesday 6 May 2015

A day in the life of a clinical librarian

Hello and welcome to our third post in our brand new blog series, A day in the life of a clinical librarian. This is a monthly series sharing what a day at work for those working in clinical librarianship actually looks like and finding out about the person behind the job.

This month we've had the pleasure of interviewing one of our very own clinical librarians.



Who are you and where do you work?

I’m Louise Hull, a Clinical Librarian at University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.  My main base is Glenfield Hospital but I travel across to the other sites as needed.


How long have you been there?

I have been in this role for seven years and have worked from the Trust for nearly 13 years in total.


What attracted you to Clinical Librarianship?

I have always enjoyed searching for information and I really liked the fact that your work may have a positive impact on patient care. My role has evolved now and I support a range of staff in both clinical and managerial roles, which is really interesting.

What does an average day at work involve?

I work Wednesday – Friday, so Wednesday mornings often involve a lot of catching up on emails and prioritising my workload for the next few days. I’ll be going through my email alerts from various organisations and assigning relevant items to the evidence updates I lead on. Literature searching and various meetings are also a regular occurrence!

If you weren’t a Librarian, what would you be?

I always wanted to be a Sport’s Psychologist (my first degree was in Psychology). Or if I won the lottery I’d open an ice cream parlour or a deli.

Tell us a joke or a non-work fact about yourself

I have a two year old daughter, a three year old Labrador and a four year old son. So sometimes it is nice to come to work for a bit of peace and quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.